I Heart Maryland


As Valentine’s Day approaches, it reminds to appreciate all of the people and places I love.  









Born and raised in Maryland, I can’t think of a better place to live than near Ocean City. One reason I moved to this area is because I absolutely love visiting Assateague Island National Seashore all year round. The natural beauty always provides me with peace-of-mind. In fact, we hosted a cookout with friends and family for our wedding reception there.


Every summer, we enjoy bonfires on the beach with family and friends. Our dog Buster loves the beach and ocean, too! And of course, it’s always fun to see the wild ponies.

 

In celebration of Valentine’s Day, please enjoy a freebie resource that would be useful in a secondary ELA classroom (share it with a middle school or high school teacher friend if you teach elementary). This Common Core Writing Task Paired Passages lesson has students explore themes of love and devotion with close readings of O.Henry’s story, “The Gift of the Magi,” and Elizabeth Barrett Browning’s poem, “How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways.”  You can download it for free during the blog hop (this promotion has now ended).


Also, don’t forget to enter the giveaway at the link below for a fabulous resource from my TpT store. 


You can also visit the other blogs from other Maryland TpT sellers and enter their giveaways at the link-up below.


a Rafflecopter giveaway



9 comments

  1. I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, and we take day trips to Assateague all the time during the summer. There is nothing quite like seeing wild ponies, running on the beach.

    I'm so glad to have found you!

    Susie
    Shafer's Shenanigans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great secret getaway for Maryland, isn't it? Hope to see you at one of our MD blogger get together! We met in OC last summer. Join our TpT in Maryland FB group!

      Delete
  2. In the 7 years I have lived in Maryland, I have never been to Assateague! I definitely want to go! Glad you enjoy living on the Eastern Shore. I am happy that we are able to link up and hope that we can have a Maryland Meet Up sometime! ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! You should join our TpT in Maryland FB group and you'll get news about our next meet up! And you absolutely must visit Assateague - it's only 15 mins from OC.

      Delete
  3. How awesome that you live and teach by the beach!! :) My favorite places for crabs are Crab Alley and Blu. I'm so jealous that you are so close by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get our crabs from "Crabs to go" on Route 50. They're delicious!

      Delete
  4. I grew up on the Eastern shore. The pony run in July in Assateague is a cherished memory from my childhood. Crabs are a Maryland staple of living. I enjoyed exploring your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Ocean City! I love reading what fellow "Marylanders" love about Maryland!
    ~Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

  6. When you're tired, you want to relax after a stressful working hours, you need to have time to take care of the kids active.
    Please visit our website and play exciting flash games.
    Thanks you for sharing!
    Friv 4

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top