July 2015 Friday Flashback



Once again, I’m linking up with Julie Faulkner for her Friday Flashback, and I can’t believe July is over!  Fortunately, I don’t return to school until the end of August, so I’m taking a few moments to reflect on this whirlwind month.

1.  Viva Las Vegas

I was a little nervous since I traveled to the TpT conference alone, but it was an amazing experience!  I enjoyed meeting with my online collaborators and was pleased to find them so down to earth.  I also had a few important take aways that might resonate with you also:

·         Build your brand (first, I am working to clarify my vision of my brand).
·         Find your inner business woman (this doesn’t come naturally to me since I’ve spent my life as a teacher).
·         Invest in good tools (it’s time to spend money on a better computer and blog design).




2.  Beach Bum

Of course I’ve been enjoying the beach.  That’s why I live here, right?!  My favorite place is the national park by my home where wild ponies stroll by our beach blankets.  It’s also a fantastic place for enjoying cook-outs and bonfires.

 
3. Game of Thrones Binge

I rarely watch television in the summer but this year I decided to find out why all of my colleagues rave about the HBO series Game of Thrones.  I purchased the DVDs so I can watch the episodes in order.  I immediately got hooked and have already finished the first two seasons.  My only complaint is that too many of my favorite characters have been getting killed!




4. Seller Collaboration

Another take away from Vegas is the importance of collaboration.  I’ve been continuing to collaborate with other TpT sellers and recently I participated in the TpT Seller Challenge.  One of my favorite activities was the Makeover Madness which encouraged me to revise the cover of one of my first resources (see below).  I’m also taking part in the TpT Social Media Surge hosted by Brynn Allison, the Literary Maven.  There’s so much for me to learn about social media but I’m already feeling more comfortable with Twitter.



5. Summer Employment


Usually I teach writing camp or teach English 101  at the local community college in the summer, but this summer I’m devoting myself to my TpT store.  I’ve been busy updating my products and creating new resources including this Literature TrashketballBundle.  It includes nine of my popular trashketball games, which can be used to review classic plays and novels.  I will be adding more to the bundle this year, so I’d love to know what books or plays you use in your classroom.  Please tell me about your literature units below!

1 comment

  1. Congrats on all your accomplishments! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top