TpT Seller Challenge

I am DARING TO DREAM thanks to the brilliant idea for a TpT Seller Challenge from Third in Hollywood, Sparkling in Second, TeachCreateMotivate, and Peppy Zesty Teacherista. Coincidentally, since I began summer break this week, I was just brainstorming about some of these dreams the other day! 

I’ve written about five of them below.


1. Gain Financial Peace and Freedom

It's true that money can’t buy happiness, but it may reduce worries, give more time, and provide comfort.  Right now I am fortunate to own a home and have my basic needs met, but it’s a continual struggle to pay my bills, including the tremendous student loan debt from schooling that I completed almost 20 years ago!  I haven’t always made the best financial decisions, but I’m working to educate myself and acquire enough wealth to achieve many of the dreams below.  My work as a TpT seller inspires me and gives me hope that I can achieve my goals!

2. Publish “Be Strong”

They say that everyone has a story, and I have quite a few. I have an especially inspiring story of my sister’s survival after being attacked and stabbed as she worked security in a grocery store in 2007.  At times we were not sure if my sister would survive her injuries, but she has made an excellent recovery!  In fact, she has returned to the police work she loves.  I’ve tried to record the experience in a book so I can share the story of her courage and perseverance with others.  I suffered writer’s block after completing 80 pages but hope to finish it in the near future.


3. Create Happy Tails

Although I haven’t been blessed with children, I have rescued several fur babies, including our former cat Lucky, previous dog Koko, and current dog Buster.  At the high school where I teach, I sponsor a club in which participating students fundraise for our local humane society and advocate for abused animals. In the future, I intend to adopt more dogs from the shelter and would love a fenced yard for them to run around in!


4.  Enjoy a View of the Sunset

Right now I live on a heavily trafficked road, so it would be wonderful to purchase a home where I could watch the sunset every night. We frequently join our close friends to watch the sun set over the river behind their house.  I find watching the sunset to be calming, and it always cheers me after a long day of work.


5. Journey Across America


After graduating from college, I moved to Colorado for a ski adventure.  Two years later, my best friend and I backpacked Europe for the summer. However, ever since I started teaching and accrued more responsibility, I haven’t been able to travel as much as I would like.  So my husband and I would love to take a road trip across the U.S.A. (and now I’ve added Canada to the wished-for adventure).  Ideally, since I am an English teacher, I would love to visit the homes of classic American authors as I travel the states.

Thanks for reading about my hopes for the future.  Now what dreams do you hope to achieve?  Please share yours in the comments below!

No comments

Back to Top